Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Holy Crap, My Cat's a Wino and Other Events of the Day.

Pets can be...odd at times. Over the years, I've caught his nibs doing some downright peculiar things--licking my dog's butt, using his body as a fur coated bowling ball to knock over beer bottles, systematically opening all of the doors and drawers in the kitchen like some sort of deranged specter from the 6th sense, whatnot--but  there used to be a clear limit on what he would meddle with. And that limit was people food and beverages---until tonight, that is. I was reading an interesting article on the rise of secularism in American Protestants over a nice little glass of  CardBordeaux, looked up, and found my fluffy little attitude engine face first in the glass of wine and sucking it up like there's no tomorrow. And now he won't leave the hooch alone. So I ask you, gentle readers, what the hell? Why on earth after three years would my kitty just decide to take a shine to the ol' thunderbird? Is he just trying to piss me off, or do I need to find a kitteh AA meeting?

So many questions. Ah well, I have to get some sleep. A full day of grading awaits.

2 comments:

  1. I had a bloodhound that loved beer. So I gave him enough to get falling down drunk. He must have had a bad hangover, because he would never lap up another drop. May work for kitties too.

    ReplyDelete

So you want to put your two cents in? Bully for you.